Yesterday, Arturia announced FX Collection 4. It features 26 plugins from previous versions, along with four new additions (30 in total). The collection ranges from from enhanced emulations of iconic studio tools to contemporary and experimental effects plugins for inspiring music production and creation.
FX Collection 4 represents a massive upgrade to Arturia’s acclaimed suite of production plugins with 30 effects, over 1000 presets, enhanced controls and interfaces, and an array of compatibility and accessibility features.A curated suite of creative audio effects for modern music makers,FX Collection 4 goes beyond mixing and mastering to incorporate effects into the creative workflow like never before.
4 new products in FX Collection 4:
- Rotary CLS-222: An enhanced version of the classic Leslie speaker effect.
- Dist COLDFIRE: Dual-engine distortion built for every
flavor of crunchy, destructive sound design.
- Filter MS-20: The powerful & edgy sound of the sought-after KORG filter.
- Rev LX-24: The reverb that defined ‘80s sound, with lush, long decays for use with any sound.
Product & performance updates
- Bus FORCE adds overdrive gain compensation.
- Efx FRAGMENTS gets 40 new presets and an updated modulation workflow.
- Rev LX-24 can now be resized for more compact screen presence.
- Bus FORCE and Rev SPRING-636 now both have oversampling quality options.
- Upgraded accessibility features, with real-time text-to-speech feedback.
- NKS VST3 and Mac M1 AAX support.
- A number of bug fixes & optimizations.
- FX Collection 4 now includes 30 titles, including distortion, modulation, granular, mix bus, compression, delay, reverb, preamps, and filters.
- From vintage to modern: FX Collection 4 combines classic studio emulations with brand new & experimental effects.
- Over 1000 factory presets
- In-app tutorials: learn every effect and parameter in detail to get the most out of any sound.
- The slickest workflow: enjoy intuitive preset browsing, low-latency performance, and streamlined GUIs to make your
production process easier than ever.
- Compatibility: Full NKS VST3 support, compatible with Apple M1, processors
- Accessibility: Real-time text-to-speech feedback on
presets, parameters, and values for visually-impaired
- Hi-res 4K interfaces
The Dynacord CLS-222 is hailed as the finest Leslie/Rotary Speaker simulation device ever created. It was ntroduced in 1982 and manufactured until 2003.
Rotary CLS-222 perfectly reproduces the iconic Leslie sound, infusing life and movement into any source.
- Valve PreAmp for added warmth and richness (Adds to the Leslie tone)
- Expanded Stereo width.
- Adjustable bass and treble rotor speeds with extended ranges, along with sync mode.
- Visualizer provides real-time feedback on the sound movement.
- Distance controls for emphasizing the rotor shape.
- Includes two new distance shapes to unlock expanded creative possibilities.
Dist Colfire is a dual-engine distortion built for every flavor of crunchy, destructive sound design. It is a dual-engine distortion effect that goes from rich tube saturation to unrestrained sonic destruction in a few clicks. Combine analog & digital algorithms with deep modulation and customization, and unlock near-infinite distortion possibilities for your sound.
- Two distortion engines
- 11 distortion algorithms
- Hidden Advanced control panel for in-depth sound design
- 5 routing options: Serial, Parallel, Stereo, Mid/Side, Band Split
- Routing balance slider
- Feedback module
- Over 150 presets built-in
- A/B comparison
Filter MS-20 is the powerful & edgy sound of the sought-after KORG filter, a stereo filter and distortion effect modeled on the infamously abrasive MS-20 synthesizer. Pump destructive crunch, roaring filter sweeps, and ultra-fat stereo depth into your mixes with an audio plugin that’ll make anything sound massive.
- Emulated stereo analog filter and distortion effect
- Circuit-accurate modeling with exclusive TAE technology
- Resonant Low Pass, High Pass modes
- Master Cutoff for Band Pass-style functionality
- Stereo offset for widening filtered sounds
- Output Mix & Level controls
- Envelope Follower
- Function Generator
Rev LX-24 is the reverb that defined 80’s sound, with lush long decays for use with any sound. Rev LX-24 is an enhanced virtual replica of a retro ambience box that defined reverb for a generation. Make your mixes bloom with real-feeling space, cave depth atmosphere, and subtly-sparkling texture in seconds with a vintage digital sound that refuses to get old.
- Classic digital algorithmic reverb effect
- 8 perfectly-emulated algorithmic reverb effect
- Unique slider-based interface
- Emulated 12 & 24-bit converters for dark, warm sound
- Additional ‘Modern’converter mode for cleaner sound
- 100 presets for vocals, drools, guitars, synths and abstract sound design
- A/B comparison
Pricing and Availability. Arturia’s FX Collection 4 is available now. Normally priced at $499US, the collection is offered at the introductory price of $299US through June 20, 2023. Current Arturia customers may also be eligible for a “special offer.”