Developer Wray Bowling tell us about his Kickstarter mission to fund manufacturing of a brand new Eurorack module, The Greatest Foot, that permits you to use a Wii Have compatibility Stability Board to regulate your modular synthesizer.
Why would you need to make use of a The Wii Have compatibility Stability Board to regulate your modular synth?
The Wii Have compatibility Stability Board is to be had used for $20-30 – so it’s an overly reasonably priced choice for a wi-fi foot controller.
The Greatest Foot converts wi-fi Bluetooth alerts from the Nintendo Wii Stability Board into regulate voltages you’ll be able to use for your Eurorack synthesizer.
Right here’s what Bowling has to mention about The Greatest Foot:
“The Greatest Foot is in contrast to any controller in tune tech. It supplies 9 channels of drive in contrast to a joystick which most effective supplies 2 (X and Y). The grid is an intuitive format that saves house on labeling, and bypasses the will for toggle switches to invert. As an alternative, you get transparent instant patching. Upload aftertouch to tools that don’t be offering it.”
Listed below are a few of his concepts for a way you’ll be able to use it:
- Panning: Regulate a legitimate’s panning in Stereo, Quad, 5.1, and even 7.1.
- Timbre: Lean to open a filter out, upload shimmer, or building up prolong comments.
- Keyboard Monitoring: Position the Wii Stability Board on a piano bench. As you naturally lean to play decrease or upper notes on a piano keyboard, seize the left and proper outputs in my opinion.
- Pedalboard Monitoring: Position the Wii Stability Board beneath your pedal board to seize drive out of your stompbox format or upload Z to an expression pedal.
- Theremin Waveshape: While you aren’t in a position to the touch your software, it’s unattainable to regulate the waveshape when you play. With The Greatest Foot, you’ll be able to.
Pricing and Availability:
Investment for manufacturing of The Greatest Foot is being finished by way of a Kickstarter mission, and it’s to be had to mission backers for $300.
Be aware: Crowdfunded initiatives can contain possibility, which might be documented on the mission website online.